New Building Needs:
- Building needs a lot of structural repairs (see photos below)
- No new fire engines can fit into doors. The doors are too short and cannot be raised..
- A new fire tanker truck would clear the existing garage door by 1” of clearance in height.
- The original building was constructed around 1856 plus two additions after that with the newest addition approximately 50 years ago.
- All fire equipment is badly aging and deteriorating. The backup fire engine and water tanker truck both have leaking water tanks.
- Grass truck has some mechanical issues.
- Several pairs of firemen turnout gear are needing replaced, as the safety certifications are expiring.
If you have any additional questions you are welcome to any council meeting the 1st or 3rd Tuesday Monthly at 7:00 PM or the Special Firehouse committee meeting 2nd Tuesday in April at 6:00 PM